QUIZIAN is wholly owned and operated by VARBO CORPORATION s.r.o., Americká 41, 12000 Prague, State Tax ID: CZ28448049, a Czech corporation (Organizer).
Entrants who fail to comply with these Terms and Conditions will be subject to disqualification.
1. QUIZIAN is a platform for online contests of skill. Contests consist of assignments / tasks. To progress to the next task, the individual must have solved the previous one. Tasks range from the relatively simple to the difficult. We understand that some tasks may be easier to solve for some participants than others, but with enough creativity and effort everyone should be able to complete them.
2. There are different contests on QUIZIAN. Each contest has its own release date, which will be announced on the relevant contest page at QUIZIAN.com. After the first release, new contests will be launched periodically according to the release dates indicated on the relevant page of QUIZIAN.com.
3. QUIZIAN is open to all people aged 18 and over, unless otherwise specified. Parents / guardians must submit the entries for those under the age of 18.
4. You must be registered under your real name, solve tasks while logged into your account and submit all answers through your account.
5. The following individuals are not eligible to win the contest:
• Employees of the Organizer;
• Any employees of affiliated or related companies, partner or sponsoring organizations or suppliers of materials and services related to this contest who are deemed to have confidential knowledge concerning the contest;
• Any individual deemed to have confidential knowledge concerning the contest;
• Any immediate family member (defined as spouses, siblings, parents or children, regardless of where they reside) or member of the household (whether related or not) of such employees or individuals; and
• Any individual residing in a jurisdiction where the contest is not permitted.
6. There is no element of chance used to determine the winner of the contest. The individual to solve all the tasks fastest will be the overall contest winner. After each contest the score will be available on the Organizer’s website.
7. In the event of a tie, the Organizer reserves the right to assign a final, tie‐break challenge to the tied players and the winner of that challenge will be declared the winner of the contest.
8. The prizewinner will be decided by the Organizer. The Organizer will not enter into correspondence about their choice of winner.
9. If the prize for the contest is not awarded, it will be added to the prize pool for the next contest.
10. For each contest, the clues, if any, are released by the Organizer on their website. To solve clues, you are allowed to visit other websites and use other software and applications.
11. The competition closing date is as specified on the competition page of the website. To be eligible, entries must be received on or before the competition closing date and time. No entries received after that time will be considered. The winner will be announced at www.QUIZIAN.com/contest-winners.
12. There is one prize for each release. The Organizer reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
13. The prizewinner(s) will be notified by email. If the selected entrant does not meet all the contract conditions, the entrant with the next best time score will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
14. The decisions of the contest judges are final. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
15. All entries become the property of the Organizer, who assumes no responsibility for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected entries; for any failure of the website during the promotional period; for any problems or technical malfunction relating to any telephone networks or lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any email or entry to be received by the Organizer on account of technical problems or congestion on the internet or any website; or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material involved in the promotion. The Organizer reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the email portion of a contest should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of this contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made, the Organizer reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way. Entrants agree to abide by the Contest Rules and the decisions of the independent judging panel, which are final.
16. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify for any reason at any time, at their absolute and sole discretion, any player engaging in, or thought to be engaging in, any conduct that is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or the instructions of the Organizer. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any player for any cause.
17. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who, if declared to be the winner, could bring the reputation of the contest, its sponsors or QUIZIAN into disrepute as a result of their character or conduct.
18. Participants may not:
Engage in prohibited or illegal conduct. Display verbal or physical aggression towards the public, local officials, fellow participants, or Contest Officials. Commit acts of vandalism, theft or harassment, which will not be tolerated and which may result in a time penalty and/or disqualification from the contest, at the sole discretion of the Contest Officials. Create multiple accounts for the use of a single player. One entry per household is allowed, via one entry route only. No bulk applications will be accepted. Each player is permitted to use one QUIZIAN account for participating in contests. Anyone deemed to be entering through improper means will be disqualified. QUIZIAN reserves the right to disqualify any entrant to any competition who it considers has used improper technical means to enter. QUIZIAN reserves the right to remove any content which it or registered users deem offensive. This includes the rejection of any competition entry that has been randomly selected from all correct entries that contains any offensive language/text.
19. During the contest participants must:
- Obey all local laws, regulations and bylaws. Participants are solely responsible for their compliance, their actions and the consequences of those actions during the contest.
- Comply with the directions of the Organizer and local authorities.
- Use friends, family, acquaintances and the general public as a resource during the contest, provided that such assistance otherwise complies with these Terms and Conditions.
- Use smartphones, computers or other devices approved by the Organizer during the contest.
20. Additional Terms and Conditions:
QUIZIAN reserves the right to modify the Terms and Conditions in any way and at any time it deems necessary or appropriate without materially affecting the Terms and Conditions of this contest. Contestants shall not, without QUIZIAN’s prior written consent, give any interview or make, give or release any statement for publication, or otherwise to be made public, by any means relating to the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable laws of the Czech Republic. The courts of Prague shall be the exclusive jurisdiction to hear any matter arising out of the contest. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and any other version of the Terms and Conditions and any other contest documents, translations of which may be provided at the sole discretion of the QUIZIAN for convenience only, the English version shall prevail, govern and control.
22. Contact us if you experience any technical problems (for example if you are having difficulty redeeming a hint or come across a broken clue or link). We will attempt to fix any errors as quickly as possible.
23. Any emails not related to an error or bug, but instead looking for more information about clues and hints, will not be answered.